– 1947 – Jewish Celebration at the United Nations’ Decision to partition Palestine.
– 1948 – May 14th, David Ben Gurion reads the declaration of Israel’s independence.
– 1956 – Israel’s Victory over Egyptian armies in the Sinai during the Suez War.
– 1967 – During the Six Days War, Israel gained the city of Jerusalem for the first time since A.D. 70!
The prophet Ezekiel foretold that Israel would arise miraculously from the graveyard of the Nations, where the Jews were scattered after the ruin of Jerusalem in A.D. 70 by the Romans Army led by Titus.
On the 14th of May 1948, as British control of Palestine ended, the Declaration of Independence of the State of Israel was read in Tel Aviv to excited crowds. Within 24 hours of this proclamation, large forces of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanese, Iraqi, and Arabs combined together and attacked the newly formed nation intending to push the Jews into the Mediterranean Sea. All six countries were defeated by an inexperienced Israeli Army of only 43,000 (approx.) out of a total Jewish population of 650,000.
Today, Israel exists and is prospering, a fact that testifies to a power greater than anything mankind can gather. God stated in Jeremiah 31:35,36 that if anyone can alter the natural orbits of the heavens, then the people of Israel will no longer exist. But Israel remains, even though men like Hitler, the German Dictator, and Nasser, the Egyptian leader, tried to destroy them – and in spite of terrorist attacks from Palestinian and Lebanese extremist groups against the Jews. The enemies of Israel will never destroy God’s people! God has a purpose with this earth and humankind that involves the Jewish people.
The Christadelphians believe that this purpose will shortly be accomplished for the Lord Jesus Christ declared it in Luke 21:24-30. He spoke of the twofold prophecies that occurred partially in A.D. 70 and will be completed in this present time.
The first application of the prophecy of Luke 21:24-30 was partially fulfilled in A.D. 70.
- Titus led the Roman Armies to trod down the city of Jerusalem.
- The Jews were taken as captives into the nations.
- Upheavals in local Political and Religious systems – Judea and the Roman Empire were plagued with many problems.
- Fig Tree was cut down (Luke 13:6).
(Fig Tree represents Israel – Joel 1:6,7)
The second application of the prophecy of Luke 21:24-30 is not yet fulfilled, but will be soon!
- A leader of Russia will lead Russian armies to trod down the city of Jerusalem (Ezekiel 38, Zechariah 14).
- The Jews will be taken captives into the nations (Joel 3).
- Upheavals in World Political and Religious systems – we are witnessing how all nations (including Israel) are struggling with many problems (Daniel 12:1).
- The replanting and shooting forth of the “Fig Tree” began in 1948. It is the warning sign that Christ is coming soon!
Israel’s existence is a witness testifying that God exists and that He has a purpose with the earth that will culminate in the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to establish the Kingdom of God on earth.